At Century 21, we often speak to a lot people interested in starting a career with us. More often than not, our career FAQs are all you'll need in order to answer your questions before making initial contact with us.
We've selected the most common career FAQs that we hear when interested parties make contact with their local Century 21 branch. If your question is about applying for a real estate career, whether you'll have to wear a uniform, tips on how to really stand out when applying for a job with us or for anything else, our FAQs are here to help.
If you'd like to find out about the career opportunities we currently have available at Century 21, please visit the Available Jobs page now.
How do I apply for a job?
Once you've found a job that you'd like to apply for, select the 'more info/apply now' button and complete the online application form. Make sure that you include all of the information requested then select 'apply now' to send your application to us.
Real estate sales practitioners are required to hold a minimum qualification. The qualification varies from state to state. Contact the National Training Manager
Will I have to wear a uniform?
At Century 21 we have a preferred standard of dress. Our dress standards are explained at the interview, and again at induction.
I am currently still working with my employer and do not wish to provide them as a reference. How do I overcome the reference problem?
We would recommend you try to source a professional acquaintance (e.g. qualified accountant) to offer a personal testimonial, or use a consultancy as "third party" representation can reduce the reliance on references.
Can I apply for more than one job?
Yes. You can apply for as few, or as many jobs as you like. Don't forget to use discretion when choosing jobs to ensure they are matched to your skills, experience and career ambitions.
Are my personal details safe?
Century 21 and its franchisees are bound by the Federal Privacy Laws.
Can I apply for a job via mail or fax?
The fastest and most efficient way to apply for a job is through this website using the online application form.
Can I update my personal details?
No. If you've already applied for a position, you do not need to re-apply. You will be contacted direct if you are required to attend an interview.
How much will I be paid?
Pay rates vary between positions but most employees are paid according to the appropriate workplace agreement or award.
Do you have any tips on applying for a job with Century 21?
- Make sure you read the information on our careers site, this will help you to understand the skills and qualities we look for in our employees.
- Think carefully about why you want to join Century 21.
- Read the application form carefully and gather any additional information you require.
- Remember first impressions count and your application is our first introduction to you. Make sure that it is neat, complete and that you are prepared to attend an interview if called.
- For some roles we require proof of visas, qualifications and licences, be prepared to bring them with you at the first stage of the selection process.
What should I do if I am invited to attend an interview?
- It is important to remember that an interview is you at your 'best', make sure you are well groomed and on time.
- Century 21 is in the real estate business, so we want to see you smile, be confident and keen. This is what our customers will want to see too.